Swing Bed Program
For more information, call (601) 776-6925.
The Swing Bed Program at H.C. Watkins Memorial Hospital provides the very best in rehabilitative and recuperative care. Our staff of professionals can help you or your family members regain the skills necessary for an independent lifestyle. We work with you to help manage your health once you have been discharged from the hospital.
Benefits of the Swing Bed Program
- You will have more time to recover and gain strength before leaving the hospital.
- Therapy which increase centered on self-care skills and body strengthening, which increase your independence when you leave the hospital.
- Twenty-four-hour nursing care is available to assist you during your recovery.
Qualifying for the Swing Bed Program
- You must have at least a three-night stay as an acute-care patient before transitioning to the Swing Bed Program.
- Qualifying criteria also include having a skilled-therapy need or skilled-nursing-care need.
- Please speak with the social worker or case manager at the hospital to assist you with preparing for the Swing Bed Program.
- You must have an accepted physician on the H.C. Watkins Memorial Hospital staff.